This is the best dish I ever cooked and I am proud of it.
I got interested in cooking in 2008 when a cooking instructor cooked this dish for a photoshoot during CNY and I got to try it. So it is the first dish I cooked in my life! It is a easy recipe and everytime I cooked it, my family loves it. There is a wafting aroma when it is braised.
The important ingredients in this dish are oysters and mushrooms which gives out the taste. And of course a little patience because it takes time to braise! To enhance the flavours of this dish, try MAGGI Concentrated Chicken Stock and Premium Oyster Sauce, which boosts the aroma and enhances this dish with the richness of double-boiled taste.
As we look forward to reunions during this Chinese New Year, why not immerse in the joy of whipping up some tasty homemade meals to delight your loved ones and savour these precious moments of happiness with your family. With this simple and easy to prepare recipe, it is the perfect dish for anyone who wants to cook for this special occasion but is pressed for time.
May this be your signature dish for the many happy reunions to come be it with family or friends!
Braised Dried Oysters with Black Moss, Fish Maw and Mushrooms (好市发菜)
Serves 6-8 pax
15 dried mushrooms
8 dried scallops
8 dried oysters, washed and soaked
80g fried fish maw, soaked in hot water
6 red dates, soaked
1 tbsp wolfberries, soaked
4 cloves ginger
2 cloves garlic
some black moss
4 tbsp cooking wine
3 tbsp cornflour, mixed with 3 tbsp water
2 tbsp MAGGI® Concentrated Chicken Stock
1 tbsp MAGGI® Premium Oyster Sauce (healthier choice, less salt)
2 tsp Sesame oil
1. Wash the soak the dried scallops in 200ml of hot water. Retain the water for later use.
2. Heat oil to fry garlic and ginger till fragrant.
3. Add mushrooms, oysters, scallops, fish maw and red dates. Stir‐fry well.
4. Add cooking wine, MAGGI Concentrated Chicken Stock, MAGGI Premium Oyster Sauce, sesame oil and all water (300ml water & 200ml scallop water).
4. Braise the ingredients for 20 minutes at low heat, covered.
5. Open cover, add wolfberries and black moss. Thicken the gravy with the cornflour mixture. Braise for another 20 minutes. Serve
– you can also add in abalone and sea cucumber.
– Fish maws are sold dried in two forms – deep fried or non-deep dried. Get the deep fried fish maws which are puffy and light. You can just soak it in hot water for 5 minutes and it will soften.
Promotions for MAGGI
1. Exclusive Chinese New Year Gift Pack retailing at a promotional rate of $10.80 and consists of the following products:
· MAGGI Concentrated Chicken Stock (Healthier Choice Symbol, Less Salt, No added MSG and Halal certified)
· MAGGI Premium Oyster Sauce (Healthier Choice Symbol, Less Salt, No added MSG and Halal certified)
· MAGGI Seasoning (No added MSG)
· 80g of premium Dried Mushroom (worth $6)
· Eight Treasures Pot Recipe Booklet
2. For the purchase of two bottles of MAGGI Concentrated Chicken Stock, consumers will receive a complimentary MAGGI Bottle Stand for condiments and sauces.
3. For the purchase of 1 bottle of MAGGI Seasoning, consumers will receive a MAGGI plate clip holder which will come in handy when serving hot dishes.
4. For the purchase of any one box of MAGGI Stock Cubes (Retail store price at $2.95 per box), consumer will receive another complimentary packet for free. Promotion applicable to both Chicken and Ikan Bilis flavours.