Hello peeps. Today is the day which I have been looking forward to for the longest time. Because I AM FLYING TO NEW ZEALAND TONIGHT! You know how mad excited I was! The boyfriend’s brother won a NZ travel package for 2 during a SIA Facebook contest. Unfortunately he was working overseas so we took over his tickets.
The boy and I haven’t been on a holiday for a long time. Our last trip was Hong Kong last year. Even though it’s winter now in New Zealand and I am very scared of cold, I am still happy to take a break and see some snow mountains. I will be away for the next 10 days, but please drop by regularly as I have scheduled some blog posts for you! (And you can also follow my instagram @misstamchiak for my travel updates.)
Anyway, I was inspired to make osmanthus jelly after constantly having it in Chinese restaurants and paying such an exorbitant price for them. It is so easy to be done! Hope you enjoy making it for your family.
In other news, I PASSED MY BASIC DRIVING THEORY! 50/50 FULL MARKS! woohoo~
- 1 packet of konnyaku jelly powder (I use 150g box)
- 500ml water (please follow the konnyaku jelly powder box instructions)
- 2 tsp dried osmanthus flowers
- 2 tsp wolfberries soaked in water until puffy; drained
- In a pot, add water and bring to a boil. Lower heat and add osmanthus flowers. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Add konnyaku jelly powder. Stir until the powder is fully dissolved. Off the flame.
- Pour the mixture onto a jelly mould. Add about 2 to 4 wolfberries to each mould.
- Let the jelly cool down a bit in room temperature and chill in fridge until the jelly is set.