10 Fun Things to See and Do at the Amazing Artbox Singapore 2018
April 05, 2018
Artbox Singapore, the local edition of the pop-up creative market made famous in Thailand, will be making its comeback this May, bigger and better! This year from 25 to 27 May, and 1 to 3 June, Artbox is taking over the entire Bayfront Event Space of over 140,000 soft at Marina Bay. Artbox is set to be Singapore’s largest creative market comprising over 400 regional and local
creative makers and partners.
The theme for Artbox Singapore 2018 this year is none other than… OASIS! Artbox 2018 aims to be an oasis for us all — a melting pot for the creative community, and for Singaporeans to immerse themselves in a creative environment. It is a market with offerings for all ages. Anticipate many interactive elements and activities, creative art installations, and a wide variety of delectable food.
This year, expect a bigger and better Artbox Singapore. There were 300 vendors and partners last year. This year, there will be a whopping 400 regional and local creative makers and partners from all over Asia! As Oasis is anticipating a larger turnout this year as compared to last year, they have catered for more than 20 shipping containers (as compared to around 10 last year), 3 times more space (an increase in space from 50, 000 square feet in 2017 to 140,000 square feet this year), and of course, more booths!
Get ready to delve into Singapore’s largest creative market this year. Here are 10 things to see and do at Oasis 2018:
1. Eat food from yummy local F&B Brands such as Cereal Citizen, befranksg and The Juicy Way
2. Browse the creations of Thai designers such as Porky Studio, Moonset and Nokkajib
3. Take pictures for the ‘gram at the foam pits (they are decked with pool floats and psychedelic colours!!)
4. Visit the media viewing deck constructed from Artbox’s iconic 20-foot shipping containers
5. Visit the exclusive Artbox Singapore merchandise shop and grab some limited edition Artbox Singapore 2018 merchandise ranging from T-shirts, tote bags, water bottles and more
6. Walk under the 5km-long fairy lights with your loved ones (the official light up will take place on 25 May, 7pm)
7. Lots of photo opportunities! eg. Take a photo under the massive entrance archway
8. Listen to local musicians and watch performances curated by GRYD Studios Singapore
9. Support international and local brands such as simplearea, thanombags, ssoftlykr and blancstudiosg
10. Relax under the stars with your loved ones
The event promises to be a fun-filled experience for all!
Note: As Artbox Singapore 2018 is just a short 5-minute walk away from Bayfront MRT, visitors are encouraged to take public transport to get to the event space.
Artbox Singapore 2018 is organised by Invade Industry (@invade.co) in conjunction with Artbox Thailand (@artbox_th). Admission to Artbox Singapore is free, and DBS Singapore is proud to be the presenting sponsor for this year’s edition once again. Do remember to hashtag #ArtboxSingapore2018 #ArtboxSG2018 #ArtboxOasis #ArtboxSingapore #ArtboxSG when you capture your beautiful photos!
This post was brought to you by Artbox Singapore 2018.