Bento #11: Doraemon & Dorami Bento
Hello world! It’s bento time again! I have been so busy for the past few weeks that I didn’t have time to play with my bento tools. Now that work has been back to normal and I have some time to spare, I made a Doraemon Bento over the weekend!
Thanks to Jmama&Baby for the lovely doraemon mould, I spent about 15 mins making this bento for a buddy who loves doraemon very much! I didn’t have much time to cook the rice, so I decided to use white bread this time.
Here’s a simple step-by-step on how I did it:
1. Place the mould on the a piece of white bread.
2. Press it hard enough. To reduce wastage, I craved out 2 doraemon faces from one single bread.
3. You will get a doraemon head! I then repeat Step 1 & 2 on the same bread.
4. Spread some peanut butter.
5. Cover it with another doraemon head.
6. There is a stencil that comes with the set, so I align it with the doraemon head.
7. Sprinkle some cocoa powder onto the stencil.
8. Remove the stencil and it’s done! Repeat the same for Dorami mould.
This is my first try which didn’t turn out that well. I am not a fan of chocolate, so I tried to use Milo powder which ends up abit sticky and lighter in shade. I guess pure cocoa powder will get better result than this!
My final product! I decorated it with some fruits as well. You can also do it on rice or ham. Hope you like my Doraemon & Dorami Bento!
Inside the box: bread, peanut butter, milo powder, grapes, orange.