Bento #9: Beary Egg Bento
Hello world, I am now in some part of Guilin, China, and will only be back next week. But, please still come back to read regularly because I have scheduled some interesting posts for you guys!
The boyfriend bought a packet of egg moulds from Carrefour and it got me really excited about it. So I used one of the mould to create a bento last week!
If you are wondering how to create a cute bear shape egg, here’s a step-by-step on what I did:
1. First, boil the egg for about 10 minutes.
2. Peel it open when it’s still hot.
3. Put it into the egg mould. Close it and fasten with a click.
4. Leave the egg mould in tap water (or ice water) for about 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes, open it. Get it of the ragged bits with a knife.
6. Tadeh, done! As you can see, this wasn’t done too well because the egg yolk came out at the corner. But nevermind, I will do it better next time!
Here’s some tips for you:
– Hot egg should be used for the mould as it is more elastic than cold ones.
– To make sure the egg yolk is in the middle, roll the egg around while the water is coming to boil.
– You can also put rice into these moulds to make cute onigiri.
Then I add some of my favourite ingredients into it and enjoy! Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!
Inside the box: egg, sambal long beans, rice, ngoh hiang, tomatoes, cauliflower.