Betty Crocker – Baking made easy for everyone!
Recently, I went for a good friend’s house warming and she wanted to a baking session together. I was so excited! I initially wanted to do a complicated recipe because we will be at her house for the whole day. But I realized she didn’t have any other baking equipment besides the oven, and she has never bake before. To make things simpler, I gave her Betty Crocker cake mix with some basic baking equipment as her house warming gifts!
Both of us love it! It makes baking so easy, especially for new comers. Poor friend of mine was so afraid that baking is going to be hard, but with Betty Crocker cake mix, life became so much simpler and fuss free – all in one box, minimal additions, pop into an oven and good tasting treats will be ready!
We first tried to make cookies! Betty Crocker has 3 cookies mix – chocolate chip, double chocolate chunk and sugar cookie. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix makes soft crumbly cookies with a tempting chocolatey taste. Chocolate chips are added into the cookie mix already.
- 1 package Chocolate Chip cookie mix
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 190 degree Celsius.
- Microwave butter for 10-15 seconds until softened.
- In a bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter and egg until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded measuring tablespoonful about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. Cool slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Baking brownie is made easy with Betty Crocker, especially when every is almost all ready in a box! Follow instructions and a cake / cookie will be coming soon! Another recipe we tried is the fudge brownie mix with our favourite ice cream. If you are a fan of brownie, there are a lot of flavours for you to try: triple chocolate chunk brownie, dark chocolate brownie, fudge brownie, original supreme and more!
- 1 box Betty Crocker fudge brownie mix
- ¼ cup water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 container ice cream (any flavor)
- 1 cup Hershey’s chocolate syrup
- Heat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
- To make cleanup and cutting brownies easier, line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Grease bottom of pan with cooking spray or shortening.
- In a medium bowl, stir brownie mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs until well blended. Spread in pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool.
- Top brownies with a scoop of ice cream; drizzle with 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup. Serve.
With Betty Crocker cake mix, it is definitely easier than baking from scratch especially for people new to baking and wanting to try out. Even for me, sometimes I am so busy that I hardly have time to bake. And the trouble needed of measuring and effort to buy all the correct items put me off. Sometimes, I only get to use very little out of the flour or ingredients bought specially for baking but I have to get the whole packet anyway and think of ways to finish it. But with Betty Crocker, baking has become less stressful. ☺