Breakfast Rolled Oats Recipes To Kickstart A Great Morning
What’s for breakfast? OATS! One of the healthiest grains on earth, oats are gluten-free and an excellent source of fibre, antioxidants and important vitamins and minerals.
Captain Oats are kilned using their proprietary OatiFresh™ Process, a heat and moisture treatment to prevent oats from going bad while retaining important nutrients. They offer 3 types of oats: Instant Oatmeal, Quick Cook Oatmeal and Rolled Oats.
Captain Rolled Oats will please your taste buds with its chewier texture and nutty taste! Versatile and easy to prepare, you can use these healthy grains in a range of exciting and delicious recipes. Here are two breakfast recipes to kick start your oats journey!
The first thing that comes to mind when I think about oats is porridge, but there’s so much more than just that! I am a big fan of pancakes for breakfast, so I added rolled oats into my batter and made delicious and healthy pancakes. Simply load them with fresh berries to make this special treat a substantial meal.
- 1 cup Captain Oats Rolled Oats
- 1 ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- maple syrup, to serve (optional)
- fresh fruit of your choice, to serve (strawberries / blueberries)
- In a food processor, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and rolled oats. Pulse a few times to coarsely grind oats.
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, and oil. Add dry ingredients and whisk till well-combined. Let the mixture sit for an hour, or refrigerate overnight.
- Heat a lightly-oiled non-stick skillet or griddle over medium fire. Spoon ¼ cup batter onto the skillet.
- Cook until bubbles break on top, about 1 to 2 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook until brown on undersides, (about 1 minute more) or until nicely browned.
- Remove from heat, and repeat, until all the batter is used up. Serve hot with a small amount of butter and maple syrup.
It’s so easy to make these Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats! We have done it for a while already and this has become our regular breakfast. Plus, they are super healthy! With the chia seeds, it’s going to keep you full till lunch time.
- 1 cup Captain Oats rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Greek-style strawberry-banana yogurt or normal
- 1 banana, mashed
- 10 strawberries, diced
- 2 tablespoons dessicated coconut
- Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until creamy.
- Cover and place in fridge overnight or at least for an hour.
- When you are ready to eat them, divide evenly into two mason jars and decorate with toppings. If the oats are too thick, add a little more milk. The oats will keep well in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- If you can’t find strawberry-banana yogurt, you can opt for strawberry, or banana flavored yogurt. Or just add a little maple syrup or honey into your plain yogurt.
This post was brought to you by Captain Oats. For more recipes or information on Captain Oats, visit http://www.mycaptainoats.com