Christmas Recipes with Perfect Italiano – Create Easy Festive Treats For Your Family!
I love Christmas. It is the only festive holiday that I look forward to celebrating every year. It’s never too soon to start planning your Christmas – the further ahead you do, the more you’ll enjoy the magic of the big day.
With that in mind, I have been working super hard to make planning for Christmas as easy as possible. First on my list is to create some Christmas goodies using Perfect Italiano. It is a cooking cheese brand that adds simple Italian flair to everyday family meals and festive treats. It is simple and easy to use, to prevent homemade meals from being difficult, complex and time-consuming. Scroll down to see my creations!
Parmesan Shortbread Cookies
Who says Christmas cookies￼ have to be sweet? These savory parmesan shortbread cookies are great, and you can even bake them as a Christmas present! I have always wanted to bake some cookies for Christmas, and I think I have found a great recipe. The texture is light and fluffy, and the parmesan and sesame seeds make it so fragrant!
- 150g all purpose flour
- 100g Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese
- 100g unsalted butter, cubes
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
- some white sesame seeds
- 1 egg
- Mix all the ingredients including Perfect Italiano parmesan cheese together (except egg), until a golden dough begins to form. Put into the fridge for 30mins.
- Roll the dough in between two baking sheets to about 3-4mm thick. Using a cookie cutter, stamp out cookies as close together as possible. Arrange the cookies about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Spread some egg mixture and sesame seeds on top of each cracker.
- Bake shortbread at 180 degree celcius until tops are dry and bottoms are golden brown, about 20 mins. Transfer shortbread rounds to rack and cool completely.
- They can be made 1 week ahead. Store the shortbread in airtight container at room temperature, or freeze up to 1 month.
Perfect Italiano Parmesan Grated Cheese is matured for up to 18 months to guarantee bold flavour. It is pre-grated from the block for convenience, and packaged in a re-sealable bag for easy storage. Besides using it to bake the shortbread cookies, you can also add it into pasta sauces and risotto, or toss in salads!
Mozzarella & Cranberry Toasties
When planning to do a recipe for Perfect Italiano Mozzarella, I was in the midst of preparing toasties for breakfast. Then the idea came – that is to make Christmas toasties! Walking around the supermarket, I was very happy to find cranberries. They are winterberries that have become synonymous with the Christmas table for many. That’s it, let’s make Mozzarella & Cranberry Toasties!
- 1 1/2 cups Cranberries
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Baby Arugula
- ½ tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ¼ tsp Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 6 slices White Bread
- 1/3 cup Cranberry Sauce
- 3 pcs Sliced Ham
- 180g Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese
- some salted butter to coat
- In a medium saucepan combine all cranberry sauce ingredients, then cover and bring to a boil. Once a boil is reached, reduce flame to low and allow sauce to simmer until cranberries are burst and thickened, about 10 mins. When desired texture is reached, remove from heat and cool.
- Cut the crust off bread. Next, in small bowl combine arugula, olive oil, salt and pepper, tossing until all leaves are lightly coated.
- To assemble, spread a thin layer of cranberry sauce onto each bread slice, then top with arugula, sliced ham, and Perfect Italiano Mozzarella. Combine the bread slices to create three sandwiches.
- Coat each side of the sandwich with butter, then pan fry till the Mozzarella cheese melted. Flip sandwiches, then coat & pan fry once more. Cut sandwiches diagonal-wise, then serve immediately.
Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Grated Cheese has a mild flavour and melts beautifully when you want to enjoy that traditional stretch. It’s pre-grated from the block for your convenience, and packaged in a re-sealable bag for easy storage.
Hope it inspires you to try new and simple recipes! Visit Perfect Italiano’s website www.perfectitaliano.com.sg to get simple festive inspirations in the recipe library available. Do hashtag your own Perfect Italiano food creations with #perfectitalianosg.