Fish Maw Tom Yam Soup (with Dancing Chef Tom Yam Paste)
Steamboat is a popular option for reunion dinners. This Chinese New Year, get creative and spice up your meal with a new soup base: Dancing Chef’s tom yam paste. Spicy and tantalising, this soup is bound to whet your appetite! Because Chinese New Year is coming, so I thought of cooking a bowl of fish maw tom yam soup. It is pretty convenient because you just have to pour the paste and add in your favourite ingredient.
Recipe: Fish Maw Tom Yam Soup
Ingredients (serves 3-4):
1 packet Dancing Chef Tom Yam Paste
50g fried fish maw, soaked and cut into pieces
200g chicken fillet
6 mushrooms, cut into slices
20g crab meat
1/2 tsp sugar
cornstarch solution: mix 2 tbsp corn flour with 2 tbsp water
1. Add Tom Yam paste and water in a pot. Simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Add in fish maw, mushrooms, crab meat and chicken. Simmer until cooked.
3. Add in prawns and cook till it turns red.
4. Slowly pour in the cornstarch solution while stirring until you reach the consistency desired.
5. Turn off the fire, pour in the beaten egg. Garnish with parsley. Serve.
– You can also add in kaffir lime leaves, galangal and lemongrass for added flavour.
– If you want your soup to be more sour, you can add some fresh lime juice.
Of course, you can add this tom yam paste into your CNY steamboat. And to pair with it, you can dip some Dancing Chef Suki Sauce. This delicious spicy dipping sauce is the exact replica of the ones you find in Thai steamboat restaurants. It is a tasty complement to steamboat favourites like seafood, meat and tofu. For an extra kick, toss in some roasted sesame and Chinese parsley!
Buy 3 Bottles of Dancing Chef suki Sauce at $5.95 + Free Grocery Recycle Bag
Promotion period: Jan 2013 to 14 Feb 2013
All Dancing Chef pastes and Suki Sauce are available in NTUC Fairprice.
Thanks to Dancing Chef, I am giving away THREE sets of 1 Suki Sauce, 1 Thai Tom Yam Paste from Dancing Chef.
All you have to do is, answer a simple question: Name a product from Dancing Chef.
Deadline: 4 Feb 2012 (Monday), 23:59. I have to keep this giveaway short and sweet (giveaway ending tonight!) so as to make sure the prizes are delivered to the winners before CNY. Good luck & happy new year!
Congratulations of Alexial, Ling Li & Joann! I will contact you guys shortly! Happy New Year everyone!