Knorr Blogger Cookout (with Stir Fried Tom Yam Chicken & Hainanese Pork Chop Recipe)
There is nothing quite like a delicious meal that brings families and friends together. Especially the moment you see families and friends enjoying the food prepared with love and joy, it is probably one of the best motivations.
Creating these moments and cooking up a storm at home for your loved ones is actually more simple, effortless and enjoyable than most people would think. Just yesterday, I went for Knorr Blogger Cookout with local award-winning celebrity chef – Chef Daniel Koh – and learnt his family recipes-inspired dishes, Stir Fried Tom Yam Chicken.
Stir Fried Tom Yam Chicken
INGREDIENTS: (For 2-4 pax)
1 chicken breast
1 cube Knorr Tom Yam Stock
1 tbsp Knorr Hao Chi
1/2 lime slice
1/3 tsp lime zest
1 stick lemon grass, cut into small pieces
1 lime leave julienne
1 tbsp chopping onion
2 garlic, sliced
1 chilli padi, diced
1 stalk basil
1 tbsp coconut milk
1. Dissolve 1 Knorr Tom Yam cube in 250ml of water.
2. Slice chicken breast and season with Knorr Hao Chi.
3. Heat pan with oil and fry chicken for 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
4. Fry onion, garlic, lemongrass, lime leave till fragrant and add Knorr Tom Yam stock.
5. Bring to boil and add the rest of the ingredients, including the chicken breast.
6. Simmer until sauce becomes almost dry and lace with coconut milk. Serve
Chef Daniel took about 15 mins to prepare and another 15 minutes to cook. It is quite simple especially for busy working adults who have no time for cooking!
After Chef Daniel is done with the cooking, we also experiment with your own family recipe under the guidance of Chef Daniel. And being a Hainanese, I initially wanted to cook Chicken Rice, but the process is too long. So in the end, I whipped up Hainanese Pork Chop with the help of the boyf! 🙂
Hainanese Pork Chop
PORK CHOPS (for 4-6 pax)
– 500g boneless pork chops (or 4 pieces of pork loin)
– 5 pieces of bread, baked for 5 mins and blended to breadcrumbs
– 2 eggs
– Cooking oil
– 3 tbsps light soya sauce
– some pepper
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tbsp cornflour
– 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 1 large tomato, cut into sections
– 100g green peas
– 1 onion, cut into thin slices
– some fresh pineapple cubes
– 5 tbs of tomato ketchup
– 1 tbs of oyster sauce
– 1 tbs of sugar
– 1 Knorr Chicken cube, mixed with 250ml of water
– a pinch of salt (optional)
– corn flour solution
FOR PORK CHOPS
1. Tenderise the meat by pounding it using a meat mallet or the back of a chopper.
2. Marinate the pork slices for at least 30 minutes or even overnight for more flavour.
3. Before frying, pour the beaten eggs onto a plate or into a shallow bowl. Dip both sides of each pork slice in the beaten egg.
4. Coat each side with breadcrumbs, patting to get an even layer. Gently shake off the excess breadcrumbs.
5. Heat your wok or pan with oil over medium-low heat. Fry each breaded pork slice until golden brown and crisp.
1. Heat oil and fry the onion.
2. Add the tomato, peas and pineapple cubes.
3. Add the sauces, sugar and water and bring to a boil.
4. Allow to boil until the peas are cooked through.
5. Add in corn flour solution. Stir into mixture to thicken the gravy.
6. Drizzle onto the pork chop. Serve.
Here is our Hainanese Pork Chop after 45 minutes! Everyone loves it! 🙂
Here are the dishes prepared by my friends! Derrick & Vicki cooked Golden Sands French Beans, Philip & Serene did Babi Pongteh, Jacob & Chloe did 40 cloves of garlic roast chicken! For their recipes, you can visit their blogs to check it out!
JOIN THE KNORR COOKOUT COMPETITION TO GET THE KITCHEN OF YOUR DREAM
Well, if you have a family recipe to share, join the Knorr Cookout Competition to get the kitchen of your dream! What you have to do is to form a team of TWO with any one of your family member and cook up your family favourite dish using KNORR® products (within $30). The dish will be judged on taste, presentation, creativity, teamwork, hygiene and background story.
1st Prize : $8,000 worth of cash and voucher to revamp your kitchen
2nd Prize : $5,000 worth of cash and voucher to revamp your kitchen
3rd Prize : $3,000 worth of cash and voucher to revamp your kitchen
Consolation Prizes x 2 : $1,000 Vouchers
Please provide details of participants: Names, Dates of Birth, NRIC Numbers, Contact Email/s & Number/s and Relationship; Name and Photo of Dish; Cost Breakdown of Dish (no more than $30); Recipe; KNORR® Product/s Used & in no more than 100 words, share the story behind your family favourite dish. Email the details to [email protected]
Closing date: 12th May 2013