Moist Banana Walnut Muffin Recipe
The aunty went Japan for work last week. When she came back to Singapore, I decided to bake her something nice to welcome her. But I was very busy with work so I couldn’t do something big to surprise her.
Coincidentally, I went to buy some muffins from Chocolat’ & Spice last week and they tasted really good. I took my camera with me, intending to take pretty pictures of the muffins but the blur me left my memory card at home. Feeling so angry with myself, I hence decided to make some banana walnut muffins to satisfy my photography craving. And just nice, I just bought a new cake stand!
Well this is the first time I am baking a muffin and I got all very excited. The 82-year-old kind Grandpa lent me a hand by helping me to mesh the bananas and fill the batter into each muffin cup.
Banana Walnut Muffin Recipe
Adapted from Williams-Sonoma’s Banana-Buttermilk Muffins recipe
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins):
4 ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
200g cake flour, sifted
120g walnuts, chopped
3 tbsp milk
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 190 degree celscius. Line a standard muffin pan with 12 paper liners
2. In a medium sized bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, toasted walnuts, baking soda, and salt.
3. In another bowl, cream butter. Add in beaten eggs, a small amount at a time and whisk it. Add oil, mashed bananas, and milk until well combined.
4. Add in the dry ingredients from Step 2 and beat until evenly mixed.
5. Use a mini ladle to spoon the batter into each muffin cup, filling each one to the top of the cup.
6. Bake 30 minutes, until golden, set, and springy to the touch. Test for doneness with a toothpick; it should come out clean.
7. Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before transferring the muffins to a wire rack.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.
The muffins can be kept at room temperature for 2-3 days. They are great plain, with butter and/or jam, or cut in half and toasted with butter. Alternatively, you can whip some frosting to decorate it on top.
Hope you love my banana walnut muffin. My aunty is already asking me to bake another batch for her to share with her friends!