Mother’s Day Brunch with Ocean Spray (PLUS GIVEAWAY)
Cranberries are excellent superfoods which contains unique and powerful nutrients which can help to cleanse and purify the body. Cranberries are also a nutritional way to reduce certain infections such as Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) and antibiotic use. All you need is an 8-ounce glass (236ml) of cranberry juice daily to keep these infections at bay!
This Mother’s Day, treat your mum to breakfast in bed with quick and easy Ocean Spray’s recipes. Founded in 1930, Ocean Spray is the world’s leading producer of cranberry juices, juice drinks and dried cranberries.
Recipe: Mixed Berry Smoothie
Toast to the most important women in your life with this citrusy cocktail. These drinks are bold in flavour, delightful in taste, and will awaken your senses!
Ingredients (makes 2):
3/4 cup Ocean Spray® Light Cranberry Fruit Drink,
3/4 cup frozen mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries and blueberries)
170 grams low fat berry-flavoured yogurt
1/2 banana, cut into slices
Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend for a few seconds on high speed or until ingredients are thoroughly combined. Pour mixture into a large glass.
Pancakes with Cranberry Sauce
Surprise the most important woman in your life with this easy pancake recipe. Add a personalized touch by pouring the batter in a heart shape mould which I am sure your mother will appreciate. The deep red cranberry sauce will not only add vibrancy, but with its naturally bold flavor and extra crunch, it will add texture to the overall dish. Love it!
Ingredients (makes 4-6 servings):
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, separated
1 large apple, peeled and chopped
1 cup Ocean Spray® Classic Cranberry Fruit Drink
1 tbsp Craisins® Original Dried Cranberries
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1. In a large bowl stir together dry pancake ingredients; mix well.
2. In a small bowl stir together buttermilk and egg yolks; mix well.
3. In a separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff but not dry; set aside.
4. Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry pancake ingredients; mix until blended.
5. Fold whipped egg whites into the buttermilk mixture until ingredients are well blended.
6. Cook the pancake batter for about 5 minutes on low to medium heat.
7. Mix all sauce ingredients together. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until fruit has softened and thickened slightly for about 15 to 18 minutes. To serve: place pancakes on plate and drizzle decoratively with cranberry sauce. Sprinkle some icing sugar (if desired).
Ocean Spray products are available at all supermarkets island-wide. For more great Ocean Spray recipes, please visit http://www.oceanspray.com/Recipes/
Big thank you to Ocean Spray, I am giving away 3 sets hamper which consists of Ocean Spray products (Cranberry Juice and Craisins Dried Cranberries), quick and easy recipe info-cards, and cranberry flavoured products (lip balm, soap and sweets).
All you have to do is:
1. LIKE Miss Tam Chiak and Ocean Spray on Facebook
2. LIKE and SHARE this entry
3. COMMENT below: Tell us how you will use the hamper to make your mum or an important women feel special this mothers’ day!
3 lucky winners will be chosen at random. Closing date: 13 May 2016. Good Luck!
This post is brought to you by Ocean Spray.