Dessert Recipes Using OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar (PLUS GIVEAWAY)
Malaysia’s largest white coffee manufacturer OLDTOWN White Coffee has launched a “3 in 1 Less Sugar” coffee for all weight watchers and health conscious coffee lovers.
The OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar has more than 25 per cent less sugar as compared to the OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Classic, providing consumers with a healthier, reduced sugar option. Despite the reduced sugar content, this high quality OLDTOWN White Coffee brew still maintains the same great taste.
Besides pairing my breakfast with the fragrant coffee, I used the instant coffee mix for my bakes too. It is better to use instant coffee mix rather than fresh coffee because the former is designed to dissolve the release all the flavours. Plus, it is so much easier to use instant coffee rather having to brew fresh ground coffee. Here are 2 simple recipes I did with OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar.
We took very long to master chiffon cake baking. Now that we have successfully done it right, we love adding different flavours into the cake. Coffee chiffon cake is something that we bake very often as coffee has such an irresistible flavour when added to cakes or desserts. Even for non-coffee enthusiasts like my aunty takes a liking to coffee flavoured dessert.
Here’s a basic coffee chiffon cake recipe that we use very often. This coffee chiffon cake is light, moist and fluffy, with just the right intensity of flavour to suit coffee lovers as well as non-coffee enthusiasts. The addition of OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar is good enough for us, not overpowering and the cake retains its moisture. However, if you wish to intensify the coffee fragrance, add a tablespoon of coffee paste. Try it and let me know what you think!
- 90g cake flour, sifted
- 70g cooking oil
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp tartar powder
- 1 tsp corn flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 eggs, separate egg yolks and egg whites
- 2 sachets OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a 10-inch tube pan, ungreased.
- Add hot water into OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar powder to make 150g of coffee
- Combine cake flour, baking powder and salt.
- Beat egg yolks with half the sugar till pale. Pour in cooking oil and OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar. Add the flour mixture to the egg yolk batter to combine.
- Beat egg whites, corn flour and cream of tartar until it forms soft peaks. Gradually add in the Gently fold beaten egg white foam into egg yolk batter in 2-3 batches until fully combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into the tube pan. Tap the pan a few times on table top to get rid of any trapped air bubbles in the batter. Put the pan in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes or until cooked.
- Invert the pan immediately upon removing the cake from the oven. Let it cool completely before removing the cake from the pan. To remove, run the knife around the side of the pan and centre.
This is a very gentle coffee pudding that non-coffee enthusiasts will love. It’s so quick and simple, just a dash of corn starch and gelatin, we are good to go. You can also add whiskey into the pudding to make it richer. Don’t forget to decorate it with your favourite fruit and some mint.
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp gelatin
- 2 cups low fat milk
- 2 tsp OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
- Add gelatin into hot water to dissolve.
- Whisk corn starch, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in the milk and gelatin. Boil the mixture over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, about 2 minutes or until the mixture turns thick.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat. Whisk in the coffee mix and vanilla essence until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to cups and chill in the fridge until cold, for at least 2 hours. Serve the pudding chilled and decorate with fruits.
OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar is priced averagely at SGD 6.80 per pack, and is now available at the nearest hypermarkets and supermarkets such as Cold Storage, FairPrice, Giant, and Sheng Siong as well as the local grocery stores. For more information on OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 products, please visit http://www.oldtown.com.my/index.php/our-coffee/
I will be rewarding 50 readers from MissTamChiak.com with one pack OLDTOWN White Coffee (3 in 1 Less Sugar) plus OLDTOWN (3 in 1 Mocha) each.
All you need to do is:
1. LIKE Miss Tam Chiak’s Facebook
2. SHARE this entry
3. Tell us: OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar has more than how many per cent less sugar than OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Classic?
Email your answer together with full name, contact number and address to [email protected] with the subject “OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 Less Sugar Giveaway”. Only winners will be contacted. Closing date: 2nd July 2016. Good luck!
This post is brought to you by OLDTOWN White Coffee.