Simple Recipes Using the New Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt
It’s the new year and Perfect Italiano has launched a new addition – Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt. Exclusive in Cold Storage outlets, Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt is a delicious blend of traditional and easy melt Mozzarellas with Cheddar for full flavour and Romano for bite. As with all Perfect Italiano cheese, it is simple and easy to use and makes cooking family meals enjoyable. I created two dishes using Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt, enjoy!
We love to eat chips while watching movies. So while we were watching a movie to celebrate the New Year, I decided to make some nachos! I love how it melts into a beautiful golden brown. You can simple pair it with chips or like me, I added some tomato salsa as well!
Cheesy Nachos with Tomato Salsa
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1/2 small sweet onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons coriander chopped
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice fresh squeezed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packet of corn chips
- 1/2 cup of Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt
- To make tomato salsa, combine all the ingredients together and put it in fridge for 1 hour.
- Place the corn chips in the bowl.
- Sprinkle tomato salsa and Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt.
- Bake for 220 degrees celsius for 15 mins or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle more tomato salsa and serve.
Pork and Cheese patty is the perfect combination. This cheesy pork burger uses ground pork mixed with apples and onions to give it a crunch. While pan frying it, I added Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt and it coats the entire pork patty into a beautiful golden brown without making the patty too oily.
Cheesy Pork Burger
- ½ onion minced
- 480 g minced pork
- ½ carrot minced
- 1 apple cut into small pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup basil cut into ribbons
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup of Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt
- 4 hamburger buns
- Some lettuce for burger
- Some tomatoes for burger
- In a large bowl, combine the ground pork, basil, carrot, onion, paprika, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg and pepper. Mix until the ingredient are distributed properly.
- Scoop about 120g of ground meat mixture and mold each into a ball shaped figure. Gently press on the ball shaped meat mixture to form a flat ground pork burger patty. Make a little indent in the center of the burger. This will help it cook a little more evenly.
- Put a little olive oil in a non-stick pan. Set the pan on the stove over medium-high heat. Fry them like this for a few minutes on one side, without moving them around too much. Flip the burger and cook it for about 5 minutes on the other side.
- When it is half cooked, sprinkle Perfect Italiano 4 Cheese Melt over burger patties. Top with lettuce, tomatoes and pork patty as desired on a toasted bun.
For more recipes on how to use Perfect Italiano Cheeses you can check them out here. Create your very own dishes using the cheeses and hashtag #perfectitalianosg to share your creation with everyone!