Recipe – Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting
The girlfriends has been complaining that I have been posting alot of my bakes but none goes to them. So when we met up last Sunday, I decided to bake them some cupcakes.
I asked Grandpa to buy ripe bananas from the market and he returned with a huge bunch of bananas which is used to make goreng pisang, which is not right. So I went down to the market to look for another bunch of ripe bananas and couldn’t find it. The aunty who sold fruits sold me a bunch of baby bananas and said it is ripe. So in the end, our house had overload of bananas that day. Haha!
Banana Cupcakes with Honey Cinnamon Frosting
recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s
1.5 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1.5 cups mashed bananas (about 4 ripe bananas)
1 whole banana, for garnish (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree celsius. Line a standard 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Make a well in center of flour mixture. In well, mix together butter, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla. Stir to incorporate flour mixture.
4. Dividing evenly, spoon batter into muffin cups.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cupcake comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove cupcakes from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.
Recipe from Martha Stewart’s
1.25 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat confectioners’ sugar, unsalted butter, honey, and ground cinnamon until smooth, 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Spread tops with Honey-Cinnamon Frosting. Just before serving, peel and slice banana into rounds, and place one on each cupcake, if desired.
Remember to only place the bananas when you want to serve, if not the banana will turn black. Verdict? The girlfriends of course love it!