Recipe – Blueberry Cheese Cake
I never like cheese. When I was young, I thought cheesecake was made of cheese. Hence, I don’t like cheese cake too. In fact, I have never tasted cheese cake till I was older, perhaps during my university. Friends who know me long enough know that I was never a sweet tooth. I prefer to have a plate of char kway teow instead of a bowl of ice kachang. I prefer to have a plate of pasta than a plate of cake.
But as time goes by, my love for dessert increases. Not loving it tremendously, but at least I am enjoying it. Especially after I got an oven and start making my own cakes and desserts, I began to appreciate it more.
Thanks to Theresa from Panasonic for sharing this recipe, we managed to make a very yummy Blueberry Cheese Cake. The people who tried it told me it blew them away. I was skeptical, real skeptical. Somehow, I was still very receptive towards cheese cakes. Theresa slowly went through the steps with us and we made our own cheesecake.
I think this is the first time I really sat down and enjoy a plate of cheesecake. I love it, so are my friends! There may be better cheesecakes around, but so far, this is good for me.
BLUEBERRY CHEESE CAKE
120g Oreos (remove cream, about 30 pcs / 15 biscuits)
50g melted butter
500g cream cheese
90g castor sugar
200g sour cream
2 tbsp cornflour
½ can blueberry pie filling (300g)
20cm cake tin
1. Place Oreos in a grinder, slowly blend till fine.
2. Partially add in melted butter, mix well. Pour into a lined cake tin and level with a spoon. Refrigerate.
3. Beat cream cheese and sugar with a cake mixer, till light and fluffy.
4. Add in 1 egg at a time, continue to beat till smooth.
5. Add in cornflour and sour cream.
6. Pour batter into cake tin.
7. Bake in a preheated oven at 170ºC for about 50 minutes. Add 1 minute steam shot in between baking time.
8. When ready, leave to cool in cake tin. Do not turn the cake over.
9. Decorate cake cake with blueberries fillings. Recommend is to cool the cake in the fridge overnight. And when you want to serve, pour the blueberries fillings. Best serve chilled.
Recommended brand: Philadelphia cream cheese & Oregon Blueberries.