Recipe – Cinnamon Rolls
HAPPY SATURDAY! I can’t contain my excitement. In about one week’s time, I am flying to Bangkok again and this time, I will be eating all the way and hopefully be able to discover more hidden gems with my friend, YC! And also, it’s time for some shopping at Chatuchak and the latest shopping mall – Central Embassy!
Anyway, back to today’s blog post. These may not be the most appetizing shot but it is certainly some yummy cinnamon rolls. We didn’t succeed in the first attempt. This is our second attempt, definitely edible but more rooms for improvement. To be honest, I was never a huge cinnamon fan till I was introduced to the cinnamon rolls by Breadtalk. I would always buy 3 sticks and munch along the way.
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup margarine softened
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 7.5 g instant yeast
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine softened
- 1/2 cup raisins optional
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles, then remove from heat. Mix in margarine; stir until melted. Let cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 1/4 cup flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well. Add water, egg and the milk mixture; beat well. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has just pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, softened margarine.
- Roll out dough into a 12×9 inch rectangle. Spread dough with margarine/sugar mixture. Sprinkle with raisins if desired. Roll up dough cut into 12 equal size rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C. Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups to cool. Serve warm
Adapted from All Recipes
Join me for my 5D4N Foodie tour to Taiwan on 23 Oct! Click here to find out more.