Recipe – Fluffy Pancakes
I love to eat waffles and pancakes, but I never like doing it. I used to tell my mother that I want to grow up working in a bakery, making waffles everyday. But when I try making pancakes at home, I gave up the idea.
This is not the first time I make pancake at home. But I lost the previous recipes and pictures, and I very much wanted to keep a pancake recipe in the blog, so I did it again last week. It’s wasn’t a planned pancake breakfast, I woke up one day, opened Instagram and saw my foodie friends having pancakes. So I decided to do a quick one at home.
Honestly, it wasn’t that quick when I have to take pictures while mixing the batter. And the pan frying part is really a pain in the a**. While controlling the fire, I have to pour the batter and holding my camera on the other hand. Man, I can barely coordinate my movements and my first few pancakes were burnt. It got better after a few tries but the shape wasn’t round. At the end of cooking all the pancakes, I was sweating and my camera smells of pancake. I guess it’s a happy problem. haha!
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- cooking spray
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into the milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side. Serve
You can pair it with banana, strawberries, blueberries or cream.
Adapted from All Recipes
You can use buttermilk to replace milk and butter. I wanted to use the leftover buttermilk I had from baking muffins, but I realised it expired. You can also add blueberries into the pancake. I love it especially when the blueberries “burst” and it gives a nice flavour. Sometimes, I add bananas and whipped cream. Enjoy your breakfast!