Recipe – Healthy (Yet Delicious!) Steamed Banana Cake
I completed part one of my dental implant surgery last Wednesday, so I took a week’s medical leave to rest at home. The last surgery was bone grafting to prepare for this current one. But it didn’t go as expected. I am supposed to drill in two screws this time but because of bone loss, I can only drill in one screw and had to do more bone grafting.
I shan’t bore you with the procedures but basically, I was disappointed because it means I have to go through one more additional surgery to put in another screw. Not only was it painful, it was also painful my wallet. Oh wells, I think I have to save up more.
Surgery this time was definitely much more painful than the previous one. And to make things worse, I was diagnosed with gastric flu and a fever, so I vomited and had diarrhea for many days. To make my mood better, I decided to steam some banana cakes after I got better.
Well, I haven’t buy a oven yet lah so I was brainstorming ideas to do steamed cakes. The simplest one is definitely banana steamed cake, easy to make and well liked by many. Thanks to Amanda for the banana cake recipe, I tried it out over the weekends and everyone loves it!
A moist and luscious banana cake recipe,
great for afternoon tea.
Steamed Banana Cake Recipe
Ingredients: (6 big muffins)
2 ripe bananas, mashed (200g)
150g Self-raising Flour
1/8 tsp Baking Soda
75g extra virgin oil (or any flavorless oil)
1. Sift together self-raising flour and baking soda, set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together Eggs and sugar till ribbon stage.
3. Mix in mashed bananas, beat till combine.
4. Gently fold in flour mixture and Oil, taking care not to deflate the eggs and sugar mixture.
5. Pour Batter into muffin pan, lined with muffin cups.
6. Steam over high heat for 15mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.