Recipe – Moist Banana Bread
Hello guys! It’s my last day in Bangkok today. Sad to go home but guess it’s time go back and do some workout before the next makan trip which will happen in 2 weeks’ time. It is always a great trip to Bangkok, there are so much to explore in this beautiful country. Our flight is at night, so we are going to make full use of our last few hours here exploring more makan places.
Anyway, it was the bestie’s birthday last week. I made a devil’s cake with caramelized banana for her. As we bought too many bananas, I decided to use the remaining to make a banana cake! Just a very simple banana cake because Aunty and I had already spent the whole day in the kitchen already, so we were rather tired. Plus the cousin and aunty from Guangzhou are back in Singapore for their annual visit, so both of us spent most of our free time catching up with them (and I spend my free time teaching the little cousin English). Hope you enjoy reading and I will be back with a series of Bangkok posts soon!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons SCS butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 huge bananas, riped
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree celsius. Butter a non-stick bread pan, then flour well.
- Beat the eggs and sugar till well incorporated. Add in melted butter and buttermilk.
- Combine and mix well flour, baking soda, salt and sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and gently fold until the flour is thoroughly combined.
- In another medium bowl, coarsely smash 3 ripe bananas. Add banana and vanilla extract into the mixture.
- Pour into the prepared bread pan and spread the mixture evenly across the top. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
If you have been a huge SCS fan, you should be following the SCS Star Baker Challenge 2014 very closely. The 26 semi-finalists have been baking up a storm in the 4-Star Challenge! The theme of this round was ‘Pies’. The voting procedure is easy as pie! Simply ‘like’ the photo entry of the participant that you’d like to vote for. Voting begins from 30 July to 8 August 2014. Only 4 participants can make it to the finals, so every vote counts.
Thank you SCS, I am giving away 2 sets of pots (worth $78 each). To win, simply leave a comment below with “I WANT TO WIN A SCS POT SET!”. 2 lucky winners will be picked via a random generator. Only for readers residing in Singapore. Closing date: 8 August 2014 (Friday), 23:59.