Recipe – Passion Fruit Pound Cake using Chobani Greek Yoghurt
HAPPY MONDAY PEOPLE! I have seen many use plain, non-fat Greek yogurt in so many of their baking recipes, so I decided to try it myself! Greek yogurt provides protein, moisture and a nice tangy flavor. The passion fruit pound cake is made with Chobani Yogurt and it is so moist even after few days. Thank you Julie for the recipe!
My pound cake was slightly underbaked because I was rushing to go out and pass the pound cake to my friends. Nevertheless, the friends enjoyed it. One of them shared it with her mother. The following day, her mother asked her if there was more! I even passed a portion of my cake to the aunties in my neighbourhood salon, and the lady boss loved it so much that she asked for my number because she wanted the recipe.
Anyway, I will be taking a break from baking and cooking for about 2 weeks because my house is undergoing renovation. I don’t have water to use, so I can’t cook, shower, brush teeth, drink water errr…. We have to shower at public toilets, dabao dinner and hopes no one needs the toilet urgently for these two weeks. *touch wood* Having said that, all other reviews will still continue. So do continue to visit this blog daily!
I have already thought of what am I going to do next using Chobani greek yogurt. This is my first try so I am still exploring. But after baking this pound cake and receiving good feedback, I already have a list of recipes on what I can do! I can’t wait till my house finishes the renovation. Then I shall celebrate with food! hehe
Passion Fruit Pound Cake
- 9 eggs
- 375 g butter room temperature
- 480 g light brown sugar
- 560 g self raising flour sifted
- 1 & 1/4 cup Chobani Greek yoghurt about 250g
- 3/4 cup passion fruit juice/pulp from 4 passion fruit
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 & 1/3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- Preheat oven at 175 degree celsius.
- Grease and flour the load pans.
- Cream butter till light in colour and add light brown sugar.
- Add eggs in one at a time. Add flour and incorporate well.
- Using a spatula, add the Greek yogurt mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Gently fold the ingredients together until just combined.
- Add in vanilla essence and passion fruit. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. You may need to cover the exposed cake with foil if it starts to brown too much.
- Turn off the oven, remove the pan from the oven and allow the pound cake to cool for at least 15 minutes before flipping it onto a cooling rack. Allow the pound cake to completely cool before serving.
- Whisk together sugar and coconut milk until smooth. Glaze should be the consistency of glue. If glaze is too thick, add more coconut milk, 1 teaspoon at a time.
Pound cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for about 5 days. It can also be frozen and reheated.
Adapted from Julie Haw