Recipe: Ramly Burger
Ramly Burger is a Malaysian burger created by Ramly Moknin. Their family history started their business in 1979 from a mobile kiosk on Lorong Haji Hussin in Kuala Lumpur. It soon became a hit among Malaysians, a gift to the Malaysian fast food world and are usually best served by road side stall operators.
Part of the Ramly’s appeal is down to its unique cooking method. Towards the end of cooking, an egg is cracked onto the center of the hotplate and spread out. The burger is then placed onto the egg and the edges are folded over to make a thin covering around the entire burger. The strong flavors of the Worcester sauce, margarine and curry seasoning blend with the egg to make an addictive combination.
I was inspired by Maameemoomoo’s Ramly blog post, so I decided to make one for supper one night. I wanted a quick supper fix, so there was no time for homemade patty. I used FreezePak Crispy Chicken Steak (Facebook) to make the burgers. The chicken steak was really big and it tastes really good!
Here I share with you my Ramly recipe. I love omelette a lot, so I used 2 eggs. Hence, you can see that patty omelette is really huge as compared to the size of the burger. Ingredients may vary according to your preferences, be creative and customize your own Ramly!
1 Chicken Burger Steak
1 Burger bun
1. Add 1 tsp of butter into the non stick pan. Fry chicken patty over medium heat until done. Set it aside.
2. Fry the egg over low heat and spread it evenly on the pan. Place the patty on top of the egg.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce, curry powder and cheese on the patty.
4. Wrapping the patty with the egg and place them onto the bun.
5. Spread butter on the bun and toast the bun into non stick pan over medium heat about 20 sec on both side.
6. Add cabbage and tomatoes. Spread tomato sauce and mayonnaise, cover the bun.
My aunty love it so much that she made it for breakfast on subsequent days. We love this simple way of making Ramly!
*Thank you Seo Eng Joo Frozen Food Pte Ltd for the FreezePak products*