Recipe – Savory Organic Energy Rice (Plus GIVEAWAY)
SAVOURY ORGANIC ENERGY RICE
410g Mekhala organic energy rice (3 cups, soak in 3 ¾ cups water for 2-3 hrs)
200g chicken breast (pat dry, cut into cubes)
100g shitake mushroom
100g carrot (shredded)
20g ginger (sliced)
50g shallot (sliced)
2 ½ tbsp olive oil
1 stalk Chinese parsley (for garnishing)
¾ tsp salt
½ tsp sugar
¼ tsp pepper
2 tsp light soya sauce
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine (or cooking wine/Hua Diao Jiu)
1. Marinate chicken breast with sauce A for 1 hour.
2. Cook shallots with olive oil in a oven on high power for 4-5 minutes, stir occasionally.
3. Place soaked rice and water, chicken breast, mushroom, carrot, ginger and 1 tbsp shallot oil in rice cooker.
4. Set to rice mode and press start. (Stir after ½ hour)
5. When ready, let stand for about 10 minutes.
6. Fluff rice and garnish with golden brown shallot and Chinese parsley.
– If you don’t have a oven, you can fry the shallots manually.
– Wash the energy rice in a strainer to ensure that the sesame seeds are still intact.
– It is recommended that you soak the rice 2-3 hours.
– Do not throw away the water used to soak the rice.
GIVEAWAY CLOSED. Congratulations to all the winners!