Recipe – Ribena Glazed Smoked Duck Breast
I started drinking Ribena when I was a student. This is either my breakfast drink or my after dinner drink. Sometimes, we would make our own concoction for parties by adding ribena, sprite and lemon together! Do you know, Ribena was developed in the 1930s by Dr Vernon Charley of Bristol University. He started adding fruit juice syrup to milk to encourage milk consumption. Ribena’s name is derived from ‘Ribes Negrum’, Latin word for blackcurrant.
What makes Ribena a favourite drink among many is because it uses 100% blackcurrants from New Zealand! And these berries have to go through 30 quality checks to ensure that only the best is used. It clearly shows they pay so much attention to ensure the product’s quality. No wonder they are the NUMBER ONE selling cordial in Singapore!
Have you wondered why is Ribena purple in colour? Because it comes from the natural purple colour from fruit skin: Anthocyanin. No artificial colour, flavour or sweeteners added for the concentrate magical taste.
The daily Vitamin C requirements: Children- 20mg and Adult- 30mg. Good news is, each Ribena pack meets 100% of Children’s Daily Requirement of Vitamin C. For adults, you can enjoy a 500ml PET bottle contains 100mg of Vitamin C, confirm got enough Vitamin C every day! There is no worry for over consumption of Vitamin C because it is water soluble in nature and will be passed out of human bodies within a day.
Ribena Cordial is great for young and old. Besides serving as a drink, Ribena Cordial can also be used for cooking and baking. In this blogpost, I made Ribena Glazed Smoked Duck Breast!
Ribena Glazed Smoked Duck Breast
- 3 Smoked Duck Breast
- 1 cup Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Fruit Cordial Drink
- 2 tablespoon Honey to taste
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- Mix the Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Fruit Cordial Drink , Dijon Mustard, smoked paprika and Honey in a small bowl until well blend.
- Mix spiral cuts on smoked duck breast and brush half the Cordial mixture over the smoked duck breast, gently separating the slices so mixture can reach middle of the breast meat. Allow to season for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place the seasoned smoked duck breast skin side up in the roasting pan. Cover loosely with foil.
- Bake about 15 minutes; remove foil, basting occasionally with balance Cordial spice mixture. Bake for further 15 to 20 minutes longer. Serve Ribena Glazed Smoked Duck with pan drippings and fresh vegetable salads.
A spiral cut smoked duck breast with a spiced Ribena Blackcurrant & Apple Fruit Cordial glaze makes an impressive Easter or Christmas main dish. Ribena 1L Cordial comes in 6 different flavours: Blackcurrant, Glucose Blackcurrant, Less Sweet Blackcurrant, Apple & Blackcurrant, Blueberry & Blackcurrant, Strawberry & Blackcurrant. Each bottle costs $7.70.
330ml Cheer Park comes in 5 flavours: Blackcurrant, Less Sweet, Blaackcurrant & Lemon, Blackcurrant & Cranberry, Blackcurrant & Strawberry. Each pack costs $1.50.
PET500ml Bottle has four flavours: Blackcurrant, Blackrruant & Strawberry, Blackcurrant & Blueberry, Blackcurrant & Lemon. Each bottle costs $1.80.
Blackcurrant Sparkling 250ml glass costs $1.30. For more information, please visit https://www.facebook.com/ribenasingapore