Silver Shell Cafe – Feast on Multi Theme Buffet Dinners
Silver Shell Cafe of Shangri-La’s Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa is offering multi theme dinners for foodies to enjoy new cuisines every night throughout the year.
- On Sundays and Mondays, Feast at Rasa presents world cuisines with buffet stations featuring Oriental, Western, Indian and local flavours.
- Oh! Singapura on Tuesdays tempts guests with satay, fish otah, char kway teow, mini steamboat and other local delights.
- On Wednesdays, Mediterranean signatures such as Tuscan roast pork belly, Moroccan whole roast lamb with spiced rice and chorizo paella take centre stage.
- Thursdays’ All Around Asia is a melting pot of piquant flavours and aromas, from Malaysian ayam masak merah to Vietnamese grilled sausages, Thai red duck curry, Filipino crispy pata deep-fried pork leg and Peranakan assam prawns.
- Seafood fans will adore A Taste of the Ocean on Fridays, which introduces them to fresh marine harvests ranging from oysters to lobsters, king crabs and scallops – best savoured au naturel or grilled to perfection.
- On Saturdays, Barbecue and Roast showcases the crispy, flavourful crackling of roast pork belly and suckling pig, complete with barbecued squids, prawns, lamb and beef.
We visited on Monday and the six interactive open kitchen theatres whip out a plethora of a la minute local and international specialities that are delicately presented in small portions to ensure quality and retain freshness through constant replenishments.
At the western corner, chef prepared a range of great tasting dishes like the squid wrapped with risotto and tender roast chicken.
For the Chinese station, the roasted chicken is tender and succulent with crispy skin. Also enjoy a bowl of clams soup with mild crustacean flavour. There is also a noodle station, surprisingly, they have Vietnamese beef noodles and herbal soup noodles which is comforting on a rainy night.
Indian cuisine is a popular buffet station in Silver Shell Cafe because the restaurant has its own tandoori oven to prepare all the dishes freshly. Something that cannot be missed is the tandoori chicken with garlic naan.
Junior diners are spoilt for choice with favourites brimming from a dedicated kids buffet corner with scaled-down-to-height counters. This area serves a comprehensive array of starters, appetisers, salads, hot selections a well as fruits and desserts.
A rare find amongst other buffet establishments, the BabyZone at Silver Shell Cafe provides complimentary baby food, in addition to value-added amenities such as milk bottle sterilisers, a microwave, baby dining utensils, baby wipes and diapers – all of which are essentials for a hassle-free family meal. This feature is available during buffet lunch and dinner.
Of course, there is a considerably wide range of desserts. The cheesecake is smooth and creamy. Something unique is the souffle that is made upon order, but needs to wait at least 20 mins.
The theme dinners including the week-long Penang fare are available from 6 to 10 p.m. at $52++ from Saturday to Thursday, $88++ on Friday and $68++ on Saturday. One child aged five years and below dines free with a paying adult. An additional child enjoys 50 per cent off the full buffet price.
Silver Shell Cafe
Address: Shangri-La's Rasa Sentosa Resort & Spa, 101 Siloso Road Sentosa, 098970
Phone: +65 6371 1966
Email Address: email@example.com
Note: This is an invited tasting.