Making Simple Desserts using Taiwan Tea Cubes
If you ask me to choose between coffee or chrysanthemum/red dates tea, I would definitely choose the latter. During tea time or after a long day of work, I like to make myself a cup of tea and do some reading. It’s calming and prepares me for my sleep.
SIN YEE is a Singapore establishment that is passionate about delicious food and great taste. They are also the sole distributor for the popular and hot selling Taiwan ginger tea cubes in Singapore.【珍品五味】Taiwan Tea Cubes Series is well-known throughout Taiwan for premium quality tea beverages. Their products are a must-buy for visitors to Taiwan, especially the Shilin Night Markets.
Imported directly from Taiwan, the tea cubes are hand-made from natural ingredients. No artificial sweetener, flavoring, preservative is added, and it is suitable for vegetarian.
【珍品五味】Taiwan Tea Cubes Series
• 4-in-1 Brown Sugar Ginger Tea 【四合一黑糖姜母茶】
• Red Date Longan Tea 【桂圆红枣茶】
• Brown Sugar Winter Melon Tea 【黑糖冬瓜茶】
• Brown Sugar Rose Siwu 【玫瑰四物饮】
• Rock Sugar Chrysanthemum 【冰糖菊花茶】
• Brown Sugar Longan Hantian (sea birdnest) 【黑糖桂圆寒天海燕窝】
Both the ginger tea and longan red date tea are favoured for the Chinese wedding tea ceremony and confinement period for postnatal mums.
During the wedding tea ceremony, sweet teas are served to symbolize the sweetness in the new union. The longan and red date ingredients in both tea packs are especially appropriate as they symbolize the blessing of the newly wed with fertility and male offsprings.
In addition, mummies are advised to drink ginger tea and/or longan red date tea during their confinement. These teas will help to warm the body, dispel “wind”, nourishes the blood and aids blood circulation.
With the convenience in preparation, the wedding couples and postnatal mums can now enjoy their wedding or confinement hassle free.
We all know the purpose benefits of ginger tea. It helps to fight against cold, relive relieve menstrual discomfort, address indigestion, warms body & relieve alleviate rheumatic condition. I never really like ginger soup because the one that my family makes usually has no sugar in it. But in this case, Sin Yee’s Premium 4-in-1 Brown Sugar Ginger Tea tastes so much better with the addition of brown sugar, red dates and longan. It serves as a good soup base for desserts. I use it for sweet potato soup.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 cubes of Sin Yee ginger cube
- 1.2 Litres of Water
- 5 Pieces Pandan Leaves, tie to knot
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add pandan leaves and ginger cubes into the pot. Boil with 1 Litre of water.
- Add in sweet potatoes and cover the pan with lid and boil for 15-20 minutes or until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
I have tried all the six different kinds of tea. My favourite one is none other than Longan Red Date Tea! Using brown sugar, wolfberry, red dates and longan as the main ingredients, the tea helps to improve weak constitution, nourish blood, relieve menstrual discomfort and improve vision. It also makes a quick soup base for desserts for tang yuan and cheng tng. For this post, I cooked Snow Fungus in Red Date Longan Soup.
- 1 snow fungus, soaked until soft and puffed up
- 3 cubes of Sin Yee longan cube
- 1.5 Litre of Water
- 12 dried lotus seeds
- 6 red dates
- some wolfberries
- Cut off small pieces from the snow fungus with a scissor. Discard the yellow tough center.
- Place Sin Yee longan cubes in water and bring to boil.
- Add in snow fungus, lotus seeds, red dates and wolfberries into the soup and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until the snow fungus is soft, about 1 hour.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
Another popular drink among the young and old in my family is the Longan Sea Bird Nest. Made with brown sugar, wolfberry, longan, coral grass (a.k.a sea bird nest), it is rich in collagen, enzyme nutrients, minerals, calcium, iron, multitude fibers & jelly form protein. Also for the ladies, it is an excellent choice of complexion enhancing & dieting beverage! Woohoo! Me me me!
For Sea Bird Nest, boil and melt 1 cube in about 200ml of water. After cooling, put in fridge or add small amount of ice to turn it into jelly form.
In conclusion, I really enjoyed the different tea cubes by Sin Yee. I am not saying this because it is an advertorial, but I have tried it myself and I like how great the tea cubes taste, plus how easy it is to make desserts with them! Each pack costs $17, we have already ordered extra of the longan tea already. You can order online at http://sgsinyee.com.