Prepare Easy Christmas Meals with Tefal Cookware
I am counting down to Christmas already, what about you? It’s my favourite festival of the year because there are beautiful Christmas lightings, fun gatherings and good food! But it’s always a big deal to prepare Christmas meals. In this post, I will be sharing two simple recipes which I cooked using Tefal Character Wok Pan and Pro Induction Rice Cooker. Hope it will help you to ease some preparations!
I have already gotten a Tefal Pro Induction Rice Cooker for my new house and have been using it for a few months. Still loving it really, because there are so many cooking functions you can play with! As you look through pictures of the cooking methods below, you will see the beautiful spherical pot that is exclusive to Tefal. Angled at 62 degree, it encourages heat circulation resulting in evenly cooked delicious, fluffy rice. Using 3D induction heating, it heats up faster for more efficient cooking.
Especially for newbies in the kitchen, the automatic function will determine the ideal cooking time so you don’t have to worry about the cooking time and water-rice ratio. The rice cooker features 48 programmes, allowing you to cook up a myriad of dishes like starters, main courses and desserts in one simple pot.
Priced at $499, the Pro Induction Rice Cooker (1.8L) is available in leading departmental stores and electrical chain stores. Christmas promotion from NOW to 31 Dec 2016, only for Spherical Pot Rice cooker range, receive a FREE TEFAL BBQ Plancha Plate worth $139.
So, I decided to share with you a one pot meal which I always cook – SEAFOOD PAELLA! Paella is traditionally made in a large pan with short- or medium-grain rice. It’s yellow colour because of the saffron threads. But… I hate to slave over the hot stove so I decided to use an easier method – rice cooker! Yes, you heard me right! Just add all the ingredients into Pro Induction Rice Cooker and let it work its magic. I didn’t use Spanish rice and just replace it with Japanese rice, it tastes great as well. Dinner will be ready in 30 minutes!
- 8 large prawns peeled
- 400 g clams
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups short grain rice soaked in water for 15 minutes and then drained
- 2 cups chicken stock or fish stock
- 1/2 can diced tomato drained
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5-6 wedges of lemon
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Heat olive oil in rice cooker on “DIY” mode. Set temperature to 80 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and saute till soft.
- Add in seasonings, diced tomatoes, peas, rice, seafood and broth. Stir to combine.
- Close lid and set to “Japanese Rice” and “Normal” rice texture.
- When cooked, taste with additional salt and pepper and serve with parsley.
Braised Chicken with Potatoes and Lemon
I have already cooked a few dishes using Tefal Character Wok Pan include seafood army stew and it’s hassle-free because the wok can cook crustaceans such as clams, mussels and crabs well. Of course, I have also done simple one pot meal like Braised Chicken with Potatoes and Lemon and my husband loves it. It requires less oil and you can flip the chicken easily.
The new Character Wok Pan uses Titanium coating for intensive cooking. The signature Thermo-Spot now comes with a new design that turns red completely once the pan is heated to the optimal temperature. You can now see the right moment to start searing or frying for the best texture, color and flavor. It’s so easy to clean – simply wipe off oil and food residue with towel to continue cooking the next dish.
Price of the Character Wok Pan (28cm) is S$79.90 and is available in leading departmental stores and electrical chain stores.
Braised Chicken with Potatoes and Lemon
- 4 chicken thighs
- some salt to marinade
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 250 ml chicken broth
- 4 small potatoes halved
- 5 garlic cloves smashed and peeled
- 1 small lemon cut into slices
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper on all sides; set aside.
- Place the Tefal Character Wok Pan on the stove and heat till the Thermo spot turns red completely. Add the olive oil and garlic.
- Add chicken skin side down and cook until browned for about 10 minutes.
- Flip chicken and add chicken broth, potatoes, lemon and rosemary. Cook until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Serve with rice or pasta or salad.