The Seafood International Celebrates 30th Anniversary with 30-Course Dinner
A stalwart seafood dining destination since 1983, The Seafood International Market & Restaurant has been a well known “live” seafood shopping and dining concept restaurant in Singapore for the past 30 years. To commemorate their 30th Anniversary, Seafood International has introduced a 30-Course Set Dinner featuring 30 fabulous celebratory dishes with free flow wines, beers, desserts and more to mark the occasion.
My first response was,”eat ALL 30 dishes? SURE ANOT?” Then I thought it would just be very small portions, but I was wrong. In the table of 8, we were presented with a good range of award winning and signatures dishes such as Thai Curry Crab, Chilli Crab, Tom Yum Broth, Stir Fried White Stone Clam Mirin, Wok Fried Pacific Clam with Bell Pepper in XO Chilli Sauce, Steamed Live Sea Scallop with French Black Garlic Sauce and more. Not only that, there’s a dessert buffet and FREE FLOW of a range of wine & beer.
In this blog post, I will showcase ALL 30 dishes for you. Of course, not all the dishes are fantastic. I will only pick a few dishes to share with you. ARE YOU READY?
Our 30-course dinner begins with sumptuous offerings of appetisers and soups such as freshly shucked Oyster served with green chilli marmalade, Shooter of Mango with Crab Meal Salad, and the Poached Tiger Prawn & Gong Gong on Ice, Spicy Cocktail Sauce. No qualms about their quality of seafood because they are served fresh and only cooked upon order. But I didn’t quite like the soup though, it was a tad too peppery, so you can probably leave some tummy space for other dishes.
1. Freshly Shucked Oyster with Green Chilli Marmalade
2. Drunken Chicken Marinated with Shaoxin and Mirin
3. Poached Tiger Prawns & Gong Gong on Ice, Spicy Cocktail Sauce
4. Shooter of Mango with Crab Meat Salad
5. Green Chilli Seafood Chowder
6. Shanghainese Tea Smoked Egg with Bonito Flake Topping
Being a seafood restaurant in Singapore, there are definitely some local favourites we can’t miss. Seafood International’s definite must-tries is definitely the famous Chilli Crab where the sauce has just the right blend of tangy and spicy flavours. And the crisp fried baby squid is a good beer snack.
7. Singapore’s Famous Chilli Crab
8. Deep Fried Marble Goby with Spring Onion Soya Sauce
9. Crispy fried baby Squid
10. Wok Fried Live Prawns with Butter, Crispy Oat and Egg Floss
Not forgetting that Singaporeans love spices, there are some Thai dishes in the dinner too. Expect to eat your second plate of crabs – Thai Curry Crab. What stands out is, they provide garlic bread for you to dip it into the thick curry sauce. It’s so good that you may even forget about the other dishes. And there is also tom yam broth, smiling thai and steamed live seabass. I love the seabass which features a sourish sauce in a tinge of spiciness.
11. Signature Thai Curry Crab
12. Smiling Thai
13. Steamed Live Seabass in Thai Style
14. Seafood International Tom Yam Broth
Actually by now, I was pretty full already. BUT we were only halfway there (WHAT!). Here comes a selection of mains with meatier options include the Grilled Skewer with honey black pepper sauce, Canton Roasted Silken Chicken with sesame topping, Wok Fried Turkey Breast aged with black bean sauce, and the Sautéed Sliced Beef with bell pepper in vegemite glace and touch of Sze Chuan pepper.
The roasted chicken was juicy and tender with fragrant sesame topping. The restaurant also scored another hit with its sliced beef with bell pepper. I skipped the macaroni, baked eggplant and chinese dough. I was so happy that I finally see some vegetables in my dinner!
But I really love the stewed rice vermicelli, which I would say is a nice simple finale dish. The beehoon is soft but springy, wet but not soggy, and unbroken. And the golden broth was flavourful with a good wok hei. Aiya, but it was only served towards the end of the meal and I am already full.
15. Grilled Chicken Skewer with Honey Black Pepper Sauce
16. Canton Roasted Silken Chicken with Sesame Topping
17. Wok Fried Turkey Breast with Aged Black Bean Sauce
18. Sauteed Sliced Beef with Bell Pepper in Vegemite Glace & Touch of Sze Chuan Pepper
19. Crisp-fried Soft Shell Crab with Curry Flavoured Chicken Floss Topping
20. Stir-fried White Stone Clam with Mirin
21. Wok-fried Pacific Clam with Bell Pepper in XO Chilli Sauce
22. Steamed Live Sea Scallop with French Black Garlic Sauce
23. Wok Fried Butter Fish in Pandan Coconut Sauce
24. Oven Baked King Abalone Mushroom & Eggplant with Melted Cheese
25. Wok Fried Bull Frogs with “San Bei” Glace
26. Chinese Dough with Seafood Stuffing
27. Wok Fried Romaine Lettuce with Padi & Dried Shrimps
28. Fried Rice with Preserved Olive & Crunchy Vegetable
29. XO Chilli Seafood Marconi
30. Stewed Rice Vermicelli with Seafood & Wild Black Fungue in Golden Broth
After finishing the 30 course dinner, reward yourself with DESSERT BUFFET if you have another tummy specially for desserts. The Seafood International offers a series of dessert specialties including signature homemade Thai Kueh Kueh, Taco Shooter, Red Ruby Shooter and a range of nonya kuehs.
These desserts are complemented with free flow wines (De Bortoli, Angove, Alta Vista, Santa Rita), Tiger Beer, juices and soft drinks. To complement these dishes, you can pair them with one (or all) of the unlimited wines. For full-bodied tastes, go for the red wines. But for something sweeter, perhaps the lighter flavours of white wines are your best bet.
AMAZING ISN’T IT? I don’t know how did I survive the 30 course dinner. This has got to be one of the most spectacular dinner ever. You must really be tam chiak and gao chiak to complete the dinner. With this hard-to-resist deal, the restaurant offers 2 seating times: 5:30pm to 7:30m pm and 8pm to 10:30pm.
30-Course Dinner Set Dinner is available from 16 Sep 2013 to 31 Oct 2013 (ENDING SOON!!). For you to believe what you’ve seen here, you’d just have to try out the 30-course set for yourself. But remember, this is not for the faint-hearted; so bring your family and friends to have a feast!
Seafood International Restaurant
Address:902 East Coast Parkway, Blk A #01-01 Big Splash
Tel: +65 6345 1211
For more information, please visit www.lobster.com.sg/