Hope everyone has a good long weekend break! For me, I spent most of the time at home or to the gym. I signed up for a new gym in Ang Mo Kio and I wanted to make full use of it. It feels so good after exercising and definitely gives me a reason to have a good meal after that!
I was reading maameemoomoo‘s blog one Saturday morning and she was raving about this pumpkin cake. It looks pretty simple so I immediately jumped out of bed to get some pumpkins.
That’s the problem with me. I like to do impromptu baking and because I live in a small neighbourhood in Ang Mo Kio, not many ingredients are available. For example, the NTUC opposite my block doesn’t sell pumpkin so I have to walk all the way to the next street and buy it from Sheng Shiong. BUT, that Sheng Shiong only has pumpkin seeds with shells. So bobian, I bought a packet home and spent 30 mins de-shelling some of the seeds. This is an example of bad planning. LOL!
Anyway, I am very happy with this cake! Try it if you love pumpkin!
150g steamed pumpkin, mashed
300g self-raising Flour
20g corn flour
150g pumpkin, peeled and diced
pinch of salt
pumpkin slices, for topping
pumpkin seeds, for topping
1. Preheat oven to 175ºC. Line and grease the baking pan.
2. Cream butter together with sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and cream until light and smooth or the colour turned pale.
3. Stir in mashed pumpkin and mix until well blended.
4. Sift together flours and salt, fold into the mixture alternate with milk. Mix until well combined then stir in diced pumpkin.
5. Transfer batter in to baking pan, arrange pumpkin slices on the surface and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
6. Bake for 50 to 60minutes or until it is cooked. Cool on rack.