Michelin Bib Gourmand Award 2017 – 38 Eateries Awarded!
Today, Michelin Guide Singapore has released the second edition of the Bib Gourmand Award 2017. 38 Bib Gourmand restaurants and street food establishments in Singapore have received the Bib Gourmand Award.
Some popular favourites that remain on the list include Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa, Balestier Hoover Rojak, Tiong Bahru Hainanese Chicken Rice in Tiong Bahru Market and Chey Sua Carrot Cake in Toa Payoh.
The Bib Gourmand list recognises restaurants and street food establishments offering quality cuisines at a maximum price of S$45.
WHO’S NEW THIS YEAR?
18 of the 38 eateries this year are restaurants, with a diversity of cuisine types including French, Indian, Japanese and Peranakan food being represented. Among them are names such as French restaurant Bar-Roque Grill and the popular Man Man Japanese Unagi Restaurant by chef Teppei Yamashita, who also owns Teppei restaurant and Hanare along Tanjong Pagar road. Tsuta, The Blue Ginger and Shirokane Tori-Tama are in too!
New hawker entrants include Ah Er Soup in ABC Brickworks Market, which serves Cantonese-style soups, and New Lucky Claypot Rice at Holland Drive Market and Food Centre. The famous Zai Shun Curry Fish Head is in too, YAY! Liao Fan Hawker Chan, the new outlet for Michelin-Starred Hawker, received the Bib Gourmand Award too. Will his hawker stall receive the star this year?
WHO’S OUT THIS YEAR?
Sadly, our favourite Fishball Story is not in the list this year. We hope their new outlet at Geylang brings them luck next year. JB Ah Meng, the popular zi char restaurant in Geylang, also did not make it to the Bib Gourmand Award this year. Turkish restaurant Alaturka, Nasi Padang restaurant Hjh Maimumah and Muslim-owned Halal hawker stall Wedang also did not receive Bib Gourmand award this year.
OH WAIT… Could it be some of the stated eateries are climbing up to 1 star? 🙂
Here’s the list:
- A Noodle Story 超好面
- Alliance Seafood 联合海鲜烧烤
- Ah Er Soup 阿2老火汤
- Balestier Road Hoover Rojak 豪华罗杂
- Bar-Roque Grill European 欧陆菜
- Bismillah Biryani
- Chey Sua Carrot Cake 青山菜头粿
- Depot Road Zhen Shan Mei Claypot Laksa 德普路真善美驰名砂煲叻沙
- Famous Sungei Road Trishaw Laksa 驰名结霜桥三轮车叻沙
- Hong Heng Fried Sotong Prawn Mee 鸿兴炒苏东虾麵
- Hong Kee Beef Noodle 桐记牛肉粿条
- Hoo Kee Bak Chang 和记肉粽
- J2 Famous Crispy Curry Puff 驰名香脆咖喱卜
- Ka-Soh Restaurant 家嫂
- Kok Sen Restaurant 国成球记餐室
- Lagnaa Indian 印度菜
- Liang Zhao Ji 梁照記
- Liao Fan Hawker Chan (78 Smith Street) 了凡香港油鸡饭.面
- Man Man Japanese Unagi Restaurant 鳗満
- Na Na Homemade Curry (Bukit Merah) 南南家咖哩
- New Lucky Claypot Rice 新鸿运瓦煲饭
- New Ubin Seafood 新乌敏海鲜
- Peony Jade (KeppelClub) 玉河畔(吉宝)
- Shi Hui Yuan 实惠园
- Shish Mahal Restaurant
- Sin Huat Eating House 新发餐厅
- Song Fa Bak Kut Teh (New Bridge Road) 松发肉骨茶(新桥路)
- The Blue Ginger Peranakan 娘惹菜
- 328 Katong Laksa (Joo Chiat)
- Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice 天天海南鸡饭
- Tiong Bahru Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice 中峇鲁海南起骨鸡饭
- Shirokane Tori-Tama 酉玉白金
- True Blue Cuisine
- Tsuta (Pacific Plaza) 蔦
- Whole Earth 环界
- Yhingthai Palace 银泰
- Zaffron Kitchen (East Coast)
- Zai Shun Curry Fish Head 载顺咖喱鱼头
SAVE THE DATE
Mark 29 June 2017 as the official date for the launch of Singapore’s second MICHELIN guide. Results will be unveiled at The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, stay tune to www.misstamchiak.com for more updates!