Michelin Guide Singapore 2017 – 38 Starred Restaurants, Including 12 New Stars
LIVE REPORTING : Maureen & Mu Qin
Michelin unveils the lists of restaurants that have been awarded one or more stars in the Michelin Guide Singapore 2017. With a total of 38 starred restaurants, including 12 new stars, this second edition confirms the dynamism and the quality of Singapore’s culinary scene.
This prestigious annual guidebook sets a standard of excellence with its star rankings and Bib Gourmand selections. The rigorous selection process behind the Michelin Guide considers five key elements: 1) product quality; 2) preparation and flavors; 3) the chef’s personality as revealed through his or her cuisine; 4) value for money; and 5) consistency over time and across the entire menu.
Stars apply only to ‘what is on the plate’ and are awarded solely for the quality of the cooking.
· Three stars mean exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey.
· Two stars mean excellent cooking, worth a detour.
· One star means a very good restaurant in its category.
Presenting to you 2017 Michelin Guide Singapore
Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle
Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle
11 new stars!
– Alma (Scotts Road)
– Béni (Mandarin Gallery)
– Candlenut (Dorsett Residences)
– Corner House (Singapore Botanic Gardens)
– Crystal Jade Golden Palace (Paragon)
– Cut (Marina Bay Sands)
– Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodle (Crawford Lane)
– Jaan (Stamford Road)
– Lei Garden (Chijmes)
– Liao Fan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice & Noodle (Smith Street)
– Osia (Resorts World Sentosa)
– Putien (Kitchener Road)
– Rhubarb (Duxton Hill)
– Shinji (Bras Basah Road)
– Shinji (Tanglin Road)
– Summer Pavillion (Ritz Carlton)
– Sushi Ichi (Orchard Road)
– The Kitchen at Bacchanalia (Hong Kong Street)
– The Song of India (Scotts Road)
– Braci (Boat Quay) *NEW*
– Cheek by Jowl (Boon Tat Street) *NEW*
– Chef Kang (Mackenzie Road) *NEW*
– Garibaldi (Purvis Street) *NEW*
– Iggy’s (Orchard Road) *NEW*
– Imperial Treasure Fine Teochew Cuisine (Orchard Road) *NEW*
– Labyrinth (Raffles Avenue) *NEW*
– Meta (Keong Saik Road) *NEW*
– Saint Pierre (One Fullerton) *NEW*
– Summer Palace (Regent Singapore) *NEW*
– Whitegrasss (Chijmes) *NEW*
– André (Bukit Pasoh)
– L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon (Resorts World Sentosa)
– Les Amis (Scotts Road)
– Odette (National Gallery Singapore)
– Shisen Hanten (Orchard Road)
– Shoukouwa (Fullerton Road)
– Waku Ghin (Marina Bay Sands) *NEW*
– Joel Robuchon (Resorts World Sentosa)
The Michelin Guide Singapore 2017 is a testament to Singapore’s elite chefs and eateries, and the selections that made the coveted list are no doubt the hottest tables in town.
From avant-garde cuisine to best-budget bets, take your pick from the above and be sure to bring your appetite along. To find out more about the MICHELIN Guide, visit https://guide.michelin.sg