Recipe – Grandma’s Banana Cake
I have been craving for banana cake for the longest time, so I spent some time in the kitchen last week to bake for myself. Chef Judy Koh has a great recipe, I love it so much that I baked twice within the same week. Sweet, ripe bananas are the key to making a great banana cake. My friends love it, so do give it a try!
- 240g very ripe banana
- 120g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 140g butter, softened
- 120g caster sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 200g cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking soda, sifted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line both baking moulds with baking paper.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Puree banana, sour cream and eggs together.
- Cream butter, white and brown sugar till light. Add in the banana puree a bit at a time, and continue to cream until smooth.
- Fold in flour mixture in two batches.
- Transfer to baking moulds and baking for about 30 minutes or till cooked.