Cooking with Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese
IT’S COOKING TIME! When I visited Melbourne not too long ago, all my friends there spend a lot of time cooking at home because eating out was simply too expensive. During my stay, I have been helping out in the kitchen preparing breakfast. It was pretty fun, to whip up something quickly from what’s available in the fridge and cook breakfast with friends.
After I came back from Australia, my hands got real itchy and I just wanted to spend some time in the kitchen to whip up something as well. When Perfect Italiano approached me to do some recipes using their mozzarella cheese, I was really excited because I had been cooking a lot with cheese in Melbourne and now, I can recreate the dishes and enjoy a fuss-free meal with my family.
Perfect Italiano’s mozzarella cheese is available in block format or grated. I like the one that has already been grated nicely as I don’t have to spend time grating it in the morning. It is very simple and easy to use, which prevent homemade meals from being difficult and time consuming.
In this blog post, I have created 2 simple recipes using Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese. The mozzarella cheese is really stretchy and melts beautifully with every bite. Of course, they are perfect for making mouth-watering pizzas, sandwiches and lasagne. But what else can you do with the mozzarella cheese? Here, I share with you my cheesy tomato pasta and baked Portobello mushrooms using Perfect Italiano mozzarella cheese. ENJOY!
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 4 large portobello mushrooms (about 5 inches in diameter), stemmed
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, minced
- ¼ cup Perfect Italiano grated mozzarella
- Some salt
- Some ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 180 degree celsius.
- Lightly stir fry the mushrooms until they are heated through and tender, about 5 minutes per side.
- Sauteed the minced onion till fragrant. Add in all the bell pepper and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place mushrooms on the baking try. Add the bell peppers.
- Sprinkle some Perfect Italiano grated mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until hot and the cheese has softened. Serve.
- 1 cup penne
- 2 small onion, minced
- 350g minced chicken
- 3 tbsp oil
- 8 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup Perfect Italiano grated mozzarella
- 1 egg
- Some salt
- Some pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in oil until fragrant. Add minced chicken and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato sauce and Perfect Italiano mozzarella. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a greased baking dish. Top with tomato slices and mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 180 degree celcius for 5 minutes.
- Place the egg in the middle and bake for another 10 minutes. Serve.
There are a whole range of Perfect Italiano cheeses: Mozzarella, Parmesan, Pizza Plus, and last year, they have launched a new product – Perfect Bakes. For more information, visit Perfect Italiano’s website www.perfectitaliano.com.sg, or view their recipes at www.perfectitaliano.com.sg/recipes