Have a Coffee Break with OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich
Sometimes, after a hectic day, all I want to do is just to kick back and relax, with a good cup of coffee in hand. OLDTOWN White Coffee is the leading 3-in-1 white coffee mix in Singapore, and it definitely is a staple in my home. It’s aromatic, soothing and, best of all, easy to prepare. To my delight, the brand has just launched the all new OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich which is made with OLDTOWN White Coffee iconic blend of 3 premium beans. Prepared with Dark Roast method, the Extra Rich coffee is bolder, richer, and stronger. I like that the coffee is not too sweet, and ideal for making desserts. Hence, I decided to try my hands at crafting two desserts with the OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich.
COFFEE CINNAMON ROLLS
Nothing’s better than sticky and gooey cinnamon rolls! I love these fluffy buns, especially when they’re piping hot. I’ve put a little twist on them by incorporating OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich in the recipe.
The key to making a good cinnamon roll is patience. Unfortunately, I don’t have much of it. There is a lot of waiting around. You just can’t rush it. But these fluffy and soft rolls that promise a lovely coffee aroma are so worth the time and effort.
The addition of OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich does not overpower the taste of cinnamon, but actually complements it. Just ensure that the yeast is activated and you have to let the dough rest long enough before putting it into the oven. I also coated the rolls with a housemade coffee glaze to make the rolls an indulgent treat for coffee lovers, like myself!
Cinnamon Rolls with Coffee GlazePrint
- 1 stick OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich
- 2.5 cups bread flour sifted
- 30 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 and 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 180 ml hot water
- 40 g unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 30 g butter melted
- 1 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich powder
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 g cream cheese softened
- 1/3 cup butter softened
- 2 tablespoons OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich
- 1/2 teaspoon OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich powder
- Combine OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich, hot water, yeast, and sugar. Stir and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Add butter, salt and eggs into flour. Then, add in the coffee mixture and mix until a sticky dough is formed.
- Knead dough for 5 minutes until it becomes smooth, and place into a bowl. Cover with cling wrap and let it rest in a warm place for approximately 1 hour.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle. Spread butter over dough.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, and coffee powder; and sprinkle over the dough. Tightly roll dough up and cut dough into 9 even slices and place into a pie pan. Cover and let the dough rise for approximately 1 hour at room temperature.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients and mix together for 5 minutes or until everything is well incorporated. Spread over the top of the warm coffee cinnamon rolls.
OLDTOWN COFFEE MILKSHAKE
Coffee and ice cream is a classic pairing found all over the world – from Italy’s famed affogato to Germany’s eiskaffee. It makes perfect sense to blend the two together into a rich and creamy milkshake.
OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich with dollops of creamy vanilla ice cream, and topped with sweet chocolate syrup? Mhmm, that sounds about perfect for a lazy afternoon.
OLDTOWN Coffee MilkshakePrint
- 1 Cup cold OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich 180ml
- 2 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 150 g milk
- 2 oreo biscuits
- 1 Tbs chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream
- Oreo biscuits
- Chocolate syrup
- Chocolate wafers
Blend the coffee, vanilla ice cream, milk, oreo bisuits and chocolate syrup together in a blender until smooth.
Pour the milkshake into a glass and crown it generously with whipped cream, oreo biscuits, chocolate syrup and wafers. Serve immediately.
OLDTOWN White Coffee 3in1 Extra Rich is priced at $7.20 per pack, and is now available at the nearest hypermarkets and supermarkets such as Cold Storage, FairPrice, Giant, and Sheng Siong as well as local grocery stores. For more information on OLDTOWN White Coffee 3 in 1 products, please visit http://www.sg.oldtown.com.my/
This post is brought to you by OLDTOWN White Coffee.